Metalllica bassist Robert Trujillo celebrates his 52nd birthday today. As he is a very close friend of Mike Bordin and features heavily in the Faith No More timeline we thought we'd give him a shout.
- Trujillo and Bordin first played together in the mid 90s for the prince of darkness himself, Ozzy Osbourne. Under his wings they recorded the album 'Down To Earth' and reissues of 'Blizzard of Ozz' and 'Diary of a Madman', in 2002.
- Also in 2002 Bordin and Trujillo played on Jerry Cantrell's (of Alice In Chains) solo project 'Degradation Trip'.
- There was also that time Bordin appeared on the TV show 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and in the audience was his friend Trujillo to back him up!
- In more recent times the two have been spotted out celebrating the long illustrious career of Metallica at various events.
- In June of 2013 Trujillo's original band Infectious Grooves reformed to play at Orion Festival, ex FNM guitarist Jim Martin joined them onstage.