On March 23rd 2015 Faith No More released Superhero as the second single from Sol Invictus.
'On "Super Hero," there are a lot more layers. It has a lot of energy; it's driving and forceful. To me, that's what Faith No More should sound like.'
- Superhero was first unveiled on July 4th 2014 at British Summer Time festival in Hyde Park London.
- The studio version was unveiled on March 1st by Marvel and the Radio 1 Rock Show. Bill Gould, spokesman for FNM, was interviewed by both.
'“Superhero” actually just started from the sound of the song, where it has these pounding drums and it has like this throbbing kind of pulse, and we just called it the “Superhero” song. Because, a lot of the ways we write we visualize things.
Actually this is kind of interesting because we’re probably a unique band in a way. While we write music we’re talking about chord changes and different things like that. What we do is we describe scenes together, and we can visualize the scene and the music kind of comes.
We kind of make movie scenes for movies that don’t exist. “Superhero” was one of those where it was definitely a superhero comic, I mean that was just the vibe of the song, and when Mike came to me writing words about it, we were already calling it “Superhero.” So it’s kind of like in the DNA; it’s a comic strip.'
- The song was scheduled for release on March 17th, however adverse weather meant production was postponed and released on 23rd March, 2015 following an apology from Ipecac Records which stated:
"It seems that crazy weather that hit the East coast the past few weeks, closed down the production plants for several days and delayed the Faith No More Superhero seven-inch just a bit. It will now be in stores on Monday March 23rd. We truly appreciate your support and understanding!"
- The song was mixed by Bill and Matt Wallace, mastered by Maor Applebaum.
- The B-side was a the Battaglia remix by Alexander Hacke, also available as a bonus track on the Japanese edition of Sol Invictus.
- The featured photographs by Robert Woodrum and design by Mackie Osborne.
- Throughout 2015 the song was played at every show.
- Fan made video by Rafael Barros