The latest update of Faith No More and related projects news.
- Michael Bolton reacts to being name dropped in the Peeping Tom song Celebrity Death Match.
"Someone has some anger issues..."
- Ex Jackass star Steve-o lists The Real Thing in the Metal Hammer feature The 10 records that changed my life.
“The Real Thing by Faith No More comes to mind. I guess when I was first exposed to that album I was finding my way around rolling a spliff and really developing a thirst for alcohol. I just got fucked up and did whatever I wanted. That’s more where I was at than the album itself, but it’s certainly been the soundtrack to fast times.”
- Daniel P Carter launches his new feature Music Ruined My Life. Greg Puciato from The Dillinger Escape Plan joins Dan and reveals the musical influences that have shaped his life. The Real Thing was inlcuded on his list. LISTEN HERE.
"Mike Patton was one of the first guys I saw being a like a pure singer, and just being weird and aggressive and punk and funky. I went back to picked up Introduce Yourself and We Care A Lot and realised that it was Chuck Mosley I was enamored with Chuck Mosley too for the same reason."
- Roddy Bottum's band will be returning to the stage on April 8th in support of LA alternative rock band That Dog, at the El Rey in Los Angeles. In a recent interview with After The Show, Jone Stebbins announced that they would be playing new material.
"I’m not 100% sure yet. As the opening band our set will be a little shorter and we usually try to do a few songs from each record… all to be determined!"
She also ellaborated on the time she cooked for Eddie Vedder.
"Oh geez, that was a long time ago… Jennifer Finch from L7 came to a party we were having (Lynn and I were housemates at the time) and she brought this then unknown guy, Eddie Vedder, with her. I had made a curried stew to serve… they were the first people there and the last to leave so he got a few bowlfuls in. He really liked it. This was about 30 seconds before he became famous… so of course when Pearl Jam blew up we started calling that stew “Eddie Vedder Stew” as a lark. It is really good. It’s in the cookbook called I Like Food, Food Tastes Good by Kara Zuaro."
- Chuck recently spoke with Mxdwn about the upcoming Primitive Race album which also features Dale Crover on the drums.
“When I listened to the music for Primitive Race, ideas just came pouring out. I couldn’t say no to doing the record. When we completed the first few tracks, I found myself wishing I had written them, not just the lyrics… just good heavy riffs and grooves really sucked me in. The melodies and words came super easy with this music.”
- Roddy is making his acting debut in the new movie from Chilean director Sebastian Silva. The film also stars Hollywood star Michael Cera. Faith No More 2.0 spoke to Roddy about the project.
“I just finished two weeks shooting a film called Tyrel by director Sebastian Silva. He’s a good friend of mine and asked me to be in his new movie. It is sort of an ensemble piece about a group of guys that go on a birthday weekend trip up to the Catskills in a cabin. Michael Cera, Caleb Landry Jones [Get Out], Jason Mitchell [Straight Outta Compton] and Chris Abbott also star.”
- The Mr. Bungle merchaye-revolve page has added an official Mr. Bungle rubber clown mask exclusive to the web store. These masks are made to order. Please allow 30 days for the production of your mask to be completed. Mask either comes with closed eyes (for display purposes) or open eyes, allowing you the ability to wear the mask and see out it. You will be able to choose your option before purchase.